Vegan Orange Cranberry Muffins
2 cups Flour
3/4 to 1 cup Brown Sugar (depending on preference of sweetness)
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/3 cup Oil
2/3 cup Orange Juice
2 tsp flax seed meal (or egg replacer for two eggs)
1/3 cup Water
zest from one orange
1 cup Cranberries, coarsely chopped (or use dried cranberries)
1. Preheat the oven at 375F. Grease or line a muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients and keep it aside.
3. prepare egg replacer separately
4. Measure orange juice in a liquid measuring mug, add water. To this also add the egg replacer, orange zest and stir together well.
5. Pour all liquid ingredients to the flour mixture and mix until just moistened. Fold in the cranberries too. Do not overmix.
6. Spoon in the batter in the greased muffin tins. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Move the muffin tin to a cooling rack and let it cool for just 5 minutes. Then remove the muffins from the pan and cool it completely on a wire rack.
*This recipe came from Group Recipes. I used a cup of Cherry Craisins for the dried cranberries, and flax seed meal, instead of egg replacer. I used coconut oil, instead of canola or veggie. The only issue with coconut oil is that it is solid, so I mixed it in with the dry mixture and set the bowl in the oven, until the oil melted. It worked like a charm. Yum! This recipe made 18 muffins.
These are wonderful!