Friday, January 20, 2012

Lasagna with Roasted Cauliflower & Spinach



We are going to eat this tonight! I'll let you know. So far, toddler approves the tofu/cauliflower ricotta filling.

OK, well, I opted for Newman's Own Marinara for the sauce. Because, as you can see, my daughter became a bit bored with all the cooking. I used whole wheat noodles, so they had to be boiled ahead of time. The mixture of cauliflower and tofu was pretty good. I didn't use exact measurements, but it still worked out. I would love to add roasted garlic, along with the cauliflower (maybe I'll try that next time.) All in all, it was a success. The cooking time was near perfect, which is a challenge with lasagna. I didn't have any olives, so I couldn't add them. Daiya might be good as a topper to this dish.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm excited you tried the recipe. Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty delicious! The roasted cauliflower really adds a lot to lasagna.

      Delete