- 3 cups flour of choice (recommended: 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 12 oz. beer
- 1.5 cups (approximately) of sauce (recommended: marinara sauce)
- Toppings (veggies of choice, chopped or sliced thin) We used marinated artichoke hearts, marinated sun dried tomatoes, fresh chopped basil, green olives, chopped garlic, and mushrooms.
- Grated vegan cheese (Follow Your Heart Monteray Jack brand works. It's yummy, and it melts!)
Preheat oven to 400. Combine flour, baking powder, and beer in a large bowl. Dough does not have to rise at all, but will be fairly wet and sticky. Press into oiled cookie sheet (12 x 18 or slightly smaller works well). If it seems too sticky to work with, sprinkle a little flour on it as you pat/press it into the pan.
Top with your favorite sauce & toppings. Bake approx. 25 minutes or until dough is browning & crisp around edges.
*In the future, instead of using a pale ale, I think I'll try a darker beer. Also, adding some fresh rosemary to the dry mix (before the beer) might help instill more flavor. I found the crust a little bland, but Ben liked it as it was. He likes most things pizza, though.